DEVELOPMENT & CONSTRUCTION
Western State Design has developed and equipped state-of-the-art commercial and industrial laundry installations throughout the world. Our extensive knowledge of the commercial laundry industry, coupled with many years of experience in developing and constructing industrial laundry facilities, ensures that our clients' projects go from concept to completion without surprises!
Whether your project is new construction, a renovation, an expansion, or a retooling, WSD's laundry consultants will work with you from concept design through equipment start-up to ensure that not only is the construction complete, but that the plant is operational. Over the years, WSD has developed a construction process that meets the project budget and provides value engineering resulting in on-time success.
Unlike other construction firms that design and construct all types of industrial buildings, WSD only builds laundries. Additionally, we only consider those projects which are a good match for our skilled and experienced team. The WSD Team includes experienced project managers, mechanical, plumbing and electrical (MP&E) subcontractors, and laundry operators. Consequently, our laundries are built with component systems that meet the specific needs of the operator, as well as maximize production, minimize floor space, conserve energy and water usage, and deliver overall value. In addition, our experienced team knows how to retool your plant while you continue to operate - saving you valuable downtime.
This process includes the following phases and steps:
- LAUNDRY CONCEPT
- Laundry Needs Assessment
- Goals and Objectives
- Marketplace Appraisal
- Workload Analysis
- Operations, Economic, and Timing Requirements
- Site Selection and Impact Fee Analysis
- Preliminary Design Development & Equipment Planning
- Budgeting and Cash Flow Projections
- Estimated Timelines and Project Milestones
- Laundry Needs Assessment
- Architectural Design Process Flow & Layout Plan
- Project Specifications
- Engineering Civil, Structural, Mechanical/Plumbing, & Electrical Drawings
- Equipment Layout, Specifications, and Budgets
- Final Project Timelines and Scheduling
- Code Compliance Review
- Permit Procurement and Process Management
- Critical Path Method Scheduling
- Coordination of all Construction Activities
- Quality Control and Safety Monitoring
- Cost Reporting and Budget Tracking
- Weekly Project Updates
- Final Inspections and Occupancy Permit
- Plant Start-up and Fine-tuning
- Staff Training Coordination
- Punchlist Completion
- Contract Closeout
Western State Design has completed thousands of installation of laundry equipment since 1974. Our team is experienced to install your laundry equipment to meet manufacturer's specifications.
The Scope of Services will vary from equipment delivery to turn-key laundry installation. The services include modifying existing utilities, ex. water, sewer, natural gas, steam, electricity, etc., to final connection hookup. Western State Design, if needed, will provide all technical information including shop drawings or any technical assistance to your subcontractors to complete the installation.
Western State Design is a licensed General Contractor in many US states and can complete any sized laundry projects ranging from installation of a washer and dryer to complete systems.