Journeyman Field Service Technician
Full Time (and overtime
Northern California (specifically the Bay Area) and Oregon (specifically Western on I-5 corridor Eugene to Portland).
Description of Position
We are seeking an experienced Journeyman Field Service Technician responsible for providing outstanding customer service to WSD customers—on site. This includes commercial laundries, hospitals, hotels, motels, sports clubs, government agencies, universities, schools, and coin laundries. The Journeyman Technician performs on-site installation, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all manufacturers’ commercial and industrial laundry equipment.
- Must have experience troubleshooting/repairing/installing and providing routine maintenance of customer laundry equipment.
- Formal training in electrical/electronic troubleshooting, hydraulics, plumbing, welding, and related tasks is desired.
- Must possess a driver’s license with an insurable driving record (WSD’s insurance carrier provides coverage).
- Ability to safely operate a company vehicle and drive for a period of at least eight (8) hours per day.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to work with WSD customers and WSD associates.
- Have the capacity to lift, push and/or move a minimum of 50 lbs
- Physical ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, squat, twist, bend, and/or climb during a work day including performing overtime work as required.
- Understand all basic safety tasks required including safe operation of hand/power tools and other equipment to complete all duties.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with WSD policy and all government mandated safety programs including OSHA or other municipal safety regulations.
- Attend any safety training programs required by any government agencies, and private training offered by the equipment manufacturers and mandated by WSD’s insurance company
- Submit to any drug testing required by WSD and/or WSD’s customers.
- Daily and overnight travel.
- Maintain inventory of company parts on company provided vehicle (WSD pays all travel expenses).
- Provide own tools. Any large or specialty tools provided by WSD.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance*
- Long Term Disability Insurance*
- Paid Time Off including Holidays*
- 401 (k) Profit Sharing Retirement Plan**
- Company Van - Vehicle will be for business use only but taken home each day.
100% of vehicle expenses are paid by WSD.
- Cell Phone provided and 100% paid by WSD
- Uniforms provided and 100% paid by WSD*
- Relocation assistance may be available
** Eligible after one year of service
The list of essential requirements, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this position. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the department. The omission of essential requirements does not preclude management from assigning duties not included if such requirements are a reasonable assignment to the position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Apply for this position
Questions? Contact Us
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.